We are seeking an experienced Project Architect with multi-family and affordable housing experience to join our team. Our project teams are involved from conceptual design through construction administration. We value talented, team-oriented, competent, and motivated individuals that thrive in a collaborative, hybrid work environment.
- Assist in the development of design work; lead in the production of technical drawings and specifications; coordinate the related work of other disciplines; and assume construction administration duties on projects.
- Establish accurate parameters of the design work (e.g., code, site restrictions, budget, and schedule restraints, etc.); identify building systems options and related performance and cost criteria; and assist in the presentation of design documents.
- Meet with clients and handle governmental /city meetings and presentations.
- Assume primary responsibility for the daily activities of the architectural project team, progress of the work, and technical quality of the construction documents (drawings and specifications).
- Perform quality review of projects as assigned.
- Ability to detail architectural elements in documents.
- Responsible for construction administration activities, including review of submittals, site visits, addressing construction issues in the field, and providing appropriate direction to contractors.
- Manage projects and mentor staff in collaboration with Project Manager.
- Help maintain and improve office architectural standards, details, and production tools.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in all phases of architectural design and documents, including providing work direction and team leadership.
- Bachelor of Architecture professional degree or Master of Architecture from a NAAB-accredited program required, four-year Bachelor of Architectural Studies Degree considered.
- Professional registration required.
- Solid understanding of architectural systems and construction details.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit and Sketch-up required; basic knowledge of BIM360, Bluebeam, and MS Office programs.
Please forward your resume and a sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.