- Assist in the development of design work; lead in the production of technical drawings and specifications; coordinate the related work of other disciplines; and assume construction administration duties on projects.
- Establish accurate parameters of the design work (e.g., code, site restrictions, budget and schedule restraints, etc.); identify building systems options and related performance and cost criteria; and assist in the presentation of design documents.
- Meet with clients and handle governmental /city meetings and presentations.
- Assume primary responsibility for the daily activities of the architectural project team, progress of the work and technical quality of the construction documents (drawings and specifications).
- Perform QA/QC review of projects as assigned.
- Ability to detail architectural elements in documents.
- Responsible to fully address construction issues in field and provide appropriate direction to GC/Subs.
- Responsible to fully research and coordinate, document and submit all plan check corrections with applicable city agencies and engineers.
- Manage projects and mentor staff in collaboration with Project Manager.
- Help maintain and improve office architectural standards, details and production tools.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in all phases of architectural design and documents including providing work direction and team leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required. Master’s preferred from a NAAB-accredited degree program.
- Professional registration required.
- Solid understanding of architectural systems and construction details.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-up required.
- Excellent presentation, written, listening, verbal and graphics communication skills essential.